Doctoral program (Phd)
Location of Study : Italy
Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
About the School:
The University of Verona is a new and dynamic university that invests in academic research and promotes teaching methods, promote personal and intellectual growth. More than 23,000 students are supported by their 1,500 college employees, including professors, researchers, technicians and administrative staff, which contribute to the quality of life of students, providing a solid framework of structural, financial and human resources.
The new scholarship program INVITE is now available at the University of Verona in Italy. Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The INVITE doctoral program aims to encourage the intellectual curiosity of each student and to support the acquisition of critical thinking skills through the training in the use of theoretical tools and innovative practical methods.
Field of Study:
The University of Verona offers a total of 14 doctoral positions to train first-class researchers in the scientific disciplines covered by their doctoral programs, organized in four postgraduate schools: Arts and Humanities; Legal and economic sciences; Health and life sciences; Natural Sciences and Engineering. The candidates will propose a research proposal within the 14 different research areas.
Candidates must present a proposal within the following areas of research:
Arts and Humanities
- The experience of the Other: the stranger, the foreigner, the different, the stranger,
PhD program in Foreign Literatures, Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and inclusive societies: studies of gender and queer; cultural studies
PhD program in Human Sciences
Dante from the Middle Ages to the Modern Age
- PhD Degree Program in Philology, Literature and Performance Studies
Legal and Economic Science
Legal Economy and Management
- PhD program in Economics and Management
Legal data subjects in the information society
- PhD program in European and international legal science
Health and life sciences
- Genomics, epidemiology, biostatistics and microbiology
PhD program in Applied Life and Health Sciences
- Biochemistry and Clinical and Genomic Proteomics
PhD program in Biomolecular Medicine
- Cardiovascular science
PhD program in Cardiovascular Sciences
- Epidemiology, genetics and physiopathology
PhD program in Clinical and Experimental Biomedical Sciences
- Inflammation, immunity and cancer
PhD program in inflammation, immunity and cancer
- Neurosciences, Psychological and Psychiatric Sciences and Movement Sciences
PhD program in Neurosciences, Psychological and Psychiatric Sciences and Movement Science
Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Plant biotechnology
PhD program in Biotechnology
- Medical informatics, biomedical imaging and bioinformatics
PhD program in computer science
- Nanoscience in translation
PhD program in Nanosciences and Advanced Technologies
General and Social benefits of the Scholarship
The salary will be paid monthly and consists of the following components (gross amounts):
- Provision allowance: € 2000 / month for 36 months;
- Mobility provision: € 600 per month for 36 months;
- Family benefit: € 150 per month for 36 months for students with family obligations during the call for invitations INVITE call for candidatures.
- Access to the dining rooms of the University of Verona at a special discounted price;
- Access to the kindergarten of the University of Verona for their children at a special discounted price;
- Access to language courses organized by the Linguistic Center of the University of Verona at a special discounted price;
- Discounts on cultural events in Verona,
- Discounts for hardware and software for personal use
The family allowance is reserved for applicants linked to another person by (i) marriage, or (ii) a relationship with status equivalent to a marriage recognized by the legislation of the country where this relationship has been formalized, or (iii) dependents that are in fact being maintained by the candidate.
Assistance Of the University
The University of Verona, in cooperation with the International Student Services, helps doctoral students in the context of:
- Entry procedures (for EU and non-EU citizens),
- Residence visas and permits (for non-EU citizens),
- Tax identification codes,
- Health insurance or registration in the Italian health system,
- And the opening of an Italian bank account.
Eligibility criteria :
- Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- INVITE is open to early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality who wish to embark on a doctoral programme of the University of Verona. The University of Verona will do all the best to ensure an equal treatment for all candidates
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide proof of English proficiency at the higher level required by the university..
Few restrictions apply to the candidates:
- They must not have resided or completed their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call period;
- They must have a Masters (Master of Science or Master of Arts) or a similar equivalent to the Laurea Magistrale or Italian Specialist who, in their country of origin, grants access to doctoral programs;
- They should not have a doctorate and have less than 4 years (full-time equivalent) of the research experience.
Candidates with disabilities or specific learning difficulties
- Candidates with disabilities or specific learning difficulties and for those with specific learning difficulties (for example, people with a diagnosis of dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia or disartography). are required to notify their status during the application and they must provide the University of Verona with the clinical certificates issued by the competent health authorities or doctors.
The following documents must be provided:
- Application form;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of any bachelor’s and master’s degree;
- Diploma Supplement (if available);
- Letter of motivation and presentation;
- Short proposal of a research project within the advertising research areas;
- Two letters of reference issued by academic professors in the university where the applicant obtained his Master’s.
- All documents must be submitted in English and an English translation of any certificate and other official documents will be provided.
Note: If the prerequisites mentioned above are not met, the candidate can be excluded from the selection procedure at any time, even after the exam sessions.