Study in Japan
Deadline: 11th May, 2018
The Summer Program offered by the College of Cross-Cultural and Multidisciplinary Studies at Kumamoto University provides international students who have an interest in studying abroad in Japan with a chance to experience life as an international student at Kumamoto University. The Kumamoto University is a Japanese national university located in Kumamoto, Kumamoto Prefecture in the Kyushu region of Japan. The university has about 10,000 students enrolled in its undergraduate and graduate programs. There are seven faculties, eight graduate schools and their affiliated centres and institutes. In addition, the university operates a kindergarten, an elementary school, a junior high school, and a school for disabled children.
The Summer Program offers two courses to participants: an English Course (conducted in English) and a Japanese Course (conducted in Japanese).
Participation in this program is open to students who:
- are undergraduate students studying at universities with which Kumamoto University has agreement for academic or student exchange
- have English language proficiency equal to or greater than IELTS level 5 (English Course only)
- have Japanese language proficiency equal to or greater than JLPT N3 (Japanese Course only)
- have not previously participated in any of Kumamoto University’s Summer or Spring Programs
- Only students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, Cambodia
- Students must have a GPA greater than or equal to 2.3
- Scholarship recipients may not receive any other scholarships for this program which exceed 80,000 Japanese Yen.
*Please note that participation in this program is limited to 45 students. If we receive more than 45 applications for the program, a selection will be held based on the recommendation of your home university.
How to apply
Please request the international office of your university to submit your application by email by May 11, 2018. Please be sure to include a copy of your passport and your academic record (Scholarship applicants only) from your previous year.