London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Scholarships can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline : 13 April 2018
About the Scholarship
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is pleased to announce a Graduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics for African Scientists. Two fellowships are available, funded by the Medical Research Council of the United Kingdom (MERC) and GSC, respectively; support for two years of training in medical statistics.
This support aims to enhance excellence in medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is a leading global center for research and graduate studies in public and global health.
Fellowship will provide fees, allowance (£ 16,400 per year) and airfare return.
Students of sub-Saharan Africa
Number of scholarships:
Two fellowships available.
Eligibility for Scholarship:
- Eligible countries: Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Brazzaville, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Guinea- Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Nada, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship.Must be a resident of a sub-Saharan and national country
- Must be in possession of an excellent degree in mathematics or statistics
- Have at least one year of work experience in the field of medical statistics or epidemiology
- Students must meet the minimum English language requirements at school (as required by the school’s admission system).
- Candidates must complete the application form and referee form two references, and academic text. The application form and form can be downloaded by clicking on the links.
- The deadline for submission of applications is 13 April 2018. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The candidates on the shortlist will be interviewed by telephone.
- Completed application forms, curriculum vitae, academic texts and references should be to emailed to: teg-at-lshtm.ac.uk.
- Please include “TEG Fellowship Application” and your name in the subject line.
For more information visit Scholarship Link