The La Trobe University is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship with an Industry Focus in Exercise Sciences in Australia. This research project focuses on evaluating the high-performance training in the AFL Victoria’s academy program with the aim of developing, implementing and leading a high-performance program to promote and optimise player performance.
Applicants should have a high level of achievement, including a first class honours degree or equivalent and be eligible for accreditation as an Exercise Scientist with Exercise & Sports Science Australia.
The La Trobe University is an Australian, multi-campus, public research university with its flagship campus located in the Melbourne suburb of Bundoora. The university was established in 1964, becoming the third university in the state of Victoria and the twelfth university in Australia.
- Applications Deadline: October 17, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded an Industry Focus in Exercise Sciences. This research project focuses on evaluating the high-performance training in the AFL Victoria’s academy program with the aim of developing, implementing and leading a high-performance program to promote and optimise player performance. It will contribute to and evaluate the program’s ability to support a competitive high-performance environment for the region’s talented youth Australian rules football players to reach their full athletic potential.
- Scholarship Award: Benefits of the scholarship include:
- A La Trobe PhD Scholarship for 3.5 years, with a value of $27,082 per annum (2018 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship (LTU-FFRS) for up to four years for international applicants
- Academic supervision provided by La Trobe
- Industry supervision and mentoring provided by AFL Victoria
- Opportunities to work with AFL Victoria staff, and build professional and community networks in the sector
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers
- Access to La Trobe’s suite of professional development programs.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First class honours degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
- International applicants: Meet La Trobe’s English language entry requirements
- Accreditation as an Exercise Scientist or equivalent
- Accreditation with Australian Strength and Conditioning Association or equivalent
- Experience in athlete performance monitoring
English Language Requirements: Meet La Trobe’s English language entry requirements.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this PhD Scholarship in Exercise Sciences, follow these steps:
- Submit an application for the scholarship and PhD candidature by 17 October 2018:
- Follow the instructions on how to apply
- In your application, indicate clearly that you wish to be considered for the PhD with An Industry Focus with Bendigo Pioneers
- Please make sure your application is complete and reaches us by 17 October 2018, as we are unable to consider incomplete and/or late applications.
- Note: Successful applicants will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Michael Kingsley, so you don’t need to find a supervisor
- Interview: If your application is successful and you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and AFL Victoria.
- Final decision: The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
La Trobe will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship. We anticipate that shortlisted applicants will be advised of the outcome by 30 November 2018 and that the successful applicant will commence candidature by December 2018.