Deadline: 7 Nov 2017 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2018
Chevening Scholarship: UK Government Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students 2018/2019
About Chevening UK Scholarships
Chevening Scholarships is the global scholarship program of the UK government, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program offers awards to outstanding academics with leadership potential from around the world to study a master’s degree in any subject at any university in the United Kingdom.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influential people from around the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience the culture of the United Kingdom and establish positive and lasting relationships with the United Kingdom.
Value / inclusions of the scholarship:
A Chevening scholarship usually covers university fees (with a cap of £ 18,000), a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the United Kingdom, an arrival allowance, a return home, the cost of a visa application and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the United Kingdom.
What about the accommodations?
The scholarship gives students living in London around £ 1200 as a stipend and around £ 900 for those living in London. The student can use this amount of money for housing, transportation and their living needs. You can, for example, have an accommodation in a residence hall of the university where you study.
Host institution: any university in the United Kingdom
Level / Field (s) of study:
Full-time Master’s program taught in any subject at any university in the United Kingdom
To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a country eligible for Chevening.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have at least two years of work experience
- Academically outstanding
- After having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country or continent
- Having expressed the wish and the intention to return to his country after completing his studies
- Comply with the Chevening language requirement in English before July 12, 2018 (there are exceptions in some cases) follow the link as provided for more details.
How to apply
Make sure you have read and understood the eligibility criteria before applying
All applications must be online through the website
Without multiple applications
This scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate students, all applications are online through the link provided website and should be sent to the university before March 12, 2018.