Study in Czech Republic
Deadline: 31st May, 2018
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University the oldest and largest university in Prague Czechia, grants two scholarships to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics
The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 110 000 CZK (around 4250 EUR) per academic year, plus a contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR. Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
To apply for our Mathematics or Computer Science Master’s programmes given in English you must:
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof; in cases required by law, a certification of equivalence of education must accompany the application,
- have sufficient academic background in the relevant fields (see below for details); this can be demonstrated by passing the specialized entrance examination in June 2018 in Prague that is organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, or by providing transcripts (academic records) of your previous education accompanied by syllabi of the completed courses; promising students who do not have this background may be admitted with the provision that they complete the missing Bachelor’s courses,
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize (see below for details).
You are also welcome to accompany your application by
- a statement of purpose in which you describe your reasons for applying to the proposed programme, your study and possibly also research interests and future career plans,
- letters of recommendation as recent as possible from professors and employers who can comment on your recent professional accomplishments and your qualifications for pursuing a Master’s degree in mathematics or computer science.
How to apply
To apply for the CLS, you have to apply for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University, and accompany your application with the following documents:
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) photocopy of university diploma (if applicable);
(vi) application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
(vii) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(v) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University, see the previous paragraph. The CLS application (vi) and the letters of recommendation (vii) should be sent to the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent by the deadline for submitting application.