The King’s College will be offering 3 first year bursaries of up to £12,000 to new medical undergraduate students starting in 2018.
This bursary scheme has been newly established through a generous donation from the executors of the estate of Dr Donald Dean. The bursaries are intended to help students undertaking the five year Medicine and six years Extended Medical Degree Programme.
King’s College London is it offers an outstanding academic environment dedicated to the pursuit of excellence within the collegiate university The College believes that this egalitarianism fosters a productive intellectual environment where Senior and Junior Members can form meaningful relationships to the betterment of their research.
Degree Level: The scholarship is available to pursue a graduate program.
Available Subject: Scholarship is offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Benefits: The award supports three medical students with £2,000 per year for the duration of their 5 or 6-year program of study. The overall value of the bursary will, therefore, be £10,000 for MBBS students and £12,000 for EMDP students.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is available for UK students.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, first year, the first-degree medical student at King’s College London in 2018?
- Be classed as home fee status and permanently domiciled in the UK.
- Be enrolled on the 5-year MBBS or 6-year EMDP program.
- Not be repeating, re?sitting or returning from a period of interrupted study.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have applied for and taken the full means tested part of your student loan for maintenance.
- Be in receipt of the maximum Maintenance Grant, and a King’s Living Bursary.
- Have a household income of £25,000 or less and have given Student Finance ‘consent to share’ your household income data with the College.
All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the scholarship panel by 31 October 2018.
Deadline: October 31, 2018