Facebook is currently inviting applications for Research Scientist, News Feed, PhD Internship/Co-op for the year 2018. Interns must be pursuing Ph.D. in CS or related technical field and must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship. International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. This is an unpaid internship programme
Field of Internship: Facebook is seeking research scientists to intern with the Feed Science team. Interns on Feed Science combine research, engineering, and data science to develop models, algorithms, and tools that improve the News Feed product or improves our ability to understand the News Feed ecosystem.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken in Menlo Park, CA, USA
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing Ph.D. in CS or related technical field
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using data science, statistics, and other quantitative approaches like machine learning.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for technical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Strong with a programming language such as C++, Java, or Python.
- Fluency with an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expands its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Internship Duration: Numbers not given
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer