Undergraduate and postgraduate Scholarships
Study in: Australia
Deadline: 30th April Each year
Scholarship slots: 10,000
About Australia Government Scholarship
Australia Government scholarship is awarded each year to 10,000 international students who wish to study in Australia universities.
The award is a renewable, merit-based award that is also fully funded (covering full tuition, room, meal plan includes up to 19 meals per week, general fee, and the cost of textbooks for eight consecutive semesters). It also supports recipients who can demonstrate how they would use the scholarship to further these objectives.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 55% admission average or equivalent
- Be an international student
- Entering first year of any program
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Apply for admission by the scholarship deadline date
- Students must have good English proficiency.
Is the award renewed automatically each year?
The award is not renewed automatically each year. Students must maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 in order for the scholarship to be renewed. Additionally, the award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 4 semesters (2 academic years) for a transfer student. Recipients of the award must also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be eligible to hold the scholarship.
Read this before starting your application: Official Government Scholarship website
1. Thoroughly research the curriculum and programs at each of the Government Online Portal Link you will see below before you begin your online application.
2. Complete your online application before the interviews, then attach and send the required supplementary materials (test scores, academic or professional recommendations, essays) to your Government district before May 31st.
3. Receive a notice of the results of the selection in November.
4. Apply for admission to the university where you will study. Being selected for a scholarship does not mean that you have been admitted to the university. Interested applicants can start applying below now .
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be identified by the University and invited to apply in June.
Applications will be assessed by a sub-committee of the University’s Research Degrees Committee (RDC). The sub-committee includes the Dean: Graduate Studies, Associate Deans: Research Education (or equivalent) from each Division and the Manager: Scholarships and Candidature, Student and Academic Services (or delegate).
Students will be notified of the outcome of their application towards the end of November.