Indwe Risk Services (South Africa’s leading short-term broker for personal, business, industrial and commercial insurance) offers training and workplace experimental learning to selected interns for a period of a year. At the end of the internship, successful interns will qualify with a Certificate in Short-Term Insurance that bears 150 credits.
Purpose of the programme
The graduate internship project was initiated by Indwe due to the shortage of young black professionals in the short-term insurance industry and to support the growth and development strategy of the organisation. This programme is also designed to prepare interns for future employment in the short-term insurance industry, equipped with a sound understanding of how a broker operates.
Aim of the programme
- To develop a knowledgeable and skilled Indwe workforce (Skills Development Act)
- To equip the interns with professional work and personal life skills (career development).
- To equip graduates with expert knowledge of the short-term insurance industry (Corporate Exposure/ Social responsibility)
- Initiated on empowerment principles, the interns will acquire on-the-job training experience, which is critical for skills transfer (Workplace integrated learning).
Programme duration: 12 months
Degree or Diploma in these fields:
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Business Management
- Sales and Marketing
Personal Attributes required include:
- Good listener
Note: Opportunities are available in Johannesburg/Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban. The internship for 2018 will commence on 01 February 2018 until 31 January 2019.