The English-speaking Union invites applicants to receive doctoral scholarly scholarships for scholars to conduct their studies at a host institution in the United States. As a result, Scholarships are available to students with citizenship of Britain, Ireland or the Commonwealth, and usually reside in the UK.
These scholarships enable postgraduate students to study in the United States without financial difficulties and are not required to hire paid work for instance.
The English-speaking Union (ESU) is an international educational charity that brings together people of different languages and cultures in more than 50 countries because through their affiliates and international ESOs, they conduct educational programs, contests and cultural exchanges to develop confident communicators, critical thinkers and empowered citizens.
- Application deadline: February 11, 2019
- Course level: Scholarships are available for doctoral studies.
- Research topic: Each scholarship lasts for one year and supports research in the fields of astronomy, biophysics, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics and physics.
- Scholarship Award: The English-language Alliance offers up to three grants a year worth $ 50,000 per postdoctoral scholar for conducting research at a US host institution.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for students who have citizenship of Britain, Ireland or the Commonwealth, and usually reside in the UK. Number of scholarships Three grants available.
- A scholarship may be accepted at a US host institution
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible countries: Scholarships are available to students who have British, Irish or Commonwealth citizenship, and usually reside in the UK for instance. Entry Requirements: In order to qualify for the application, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold UK, Ireland, or Commonwealth citizenship and usually stay in the UK.
- Whether it’s at the final stage of your doctoral studies at the University of the Great Britain, or have completed your doctoral degree at the University of the United Kingdom during the last three academic years.
Requirements for English: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English is usually required to obtain a certificate of English at a higher level required by the university.
How to apply: Candidates must fill out an online application. Letter of Approval from the proposed host institution must be downloaded as part of this application submission process (see below, “Letter of Approval Letters” below), and two confidential links must be sent directly to the ESU before the closing date of the application.
This form covers the following areas:
- Personal information
- Contact Information
- Background education
- Scholarship and publication history
- Professional development
- Research proposal (including downloading your research proposal)
- The proposed host (including downloading your confirmation)
- Contact information for the referee (for two referees)