The National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR) is currently welcoming applications for MARVEL Master’s Fellowships.
MARVEL Master’s Fellowships aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
The NCCR MARVEL is a new centre for Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials, that has been created by the Swiss National Science Foundation in May 2014.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 15 and October 15
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to female Master’s students to start their Master’s research work.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
- Scholarship Award:
CHF 12’000 (split into 6 monthly payments). For travel and other additional expenditures, external awardees (from outside of Switzerland or with a host laboratory other than their home institution) get in addition CHF 500. The NCCR MARVEL covers tuition fees as well as medical insurance for extra-Europeans students, who are not covered by their own country insurance.
Supervision in a stimulating research environment.
Social and networking events with students and researchers from the NCCR.
- Number of Scholarships: Ten (10) fellowships available in 2018.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Switzerland are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Candidate
Dedicated to female Master’s students about to start their Master’s research work, who
Demonstrate outstanding motivation and potential to conduct their project in the laboratory of a principal investigator from MARVEL;
Meet the requirements for student enrollment at the host university.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
All documents and diplomas should preferably be in English.
- Resume (Curriculum vitae)
- Motivation letter, including a list of up to a max of 3 preferred host laboratories
- One or two recommendation letters, mentioning ranking among peers. These letters should be sent separately by the recommender(s) to email@example.com.
- Copy of your University degree(s) / transcripts from all grades
How to Apply:
Applications are to be submitted by email.