The NERC Great Western Four+ Doctoral Training Partnership (GW4+ DTP) is awarding PhD Studentship for projects in the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences. This studentship is open to UK and EU students.
Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, competence in the English language is also a criterion of admission.
- Applications Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded to study PhD projects in the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences.
- Scholarship Award:
- Nationality: This studentship is open to UK and EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This studentship is open to UK and EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Residency: UK Research Council eligibility conditions apply
Academic criteria: You should have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK.
If you have a lower second class degree, you will be considered if you also have a master’s degree. If you have a minimum upper second class degree and significant relevant non-academic experience, you are encouraged to apply.
Open to UK and EU students. All EU applicants must have been ordinarily resident in the EU for at least 3 years prior to the start of their proposed programme of study.
Applicants from EU countries who do not meet the residency requirements may still be eligible for a fees-only award.
English Language Requirements: The majority courses request an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7.0.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit an application for postgraduate study via the Cardiff University Online Application Service, including;
- an upload of your CV
- a personal statement/covering letter
- two references (applicants are recommended to have a third academic referee, if the two academic referees are within the same department/school)
- Current academic transcripts
Applicants should apply to the Doctor of Philosophy in Earth and Ocean Sciences with a start date of October 2019.
In the research proposal section of your application, please specify the project title and supervisors of this project and copy the project description in the text box provided. In the funding section, please select ‘I will be applying for a scholarship/grant’ and specify that you are applying for advertised funding from NERC GW4+ DTP.