ANU and CSC will jointly fund up to 20 PhD scholarships each year. These scholarships are available to Chinese citizens to study in Australia.
The CSC and ANU have established the China Scholarship Council – Australian National University Joint Funding Program to provide research opportunities to high-quality research students and scholars from the PRC.
CSC is responsible for the organisation, management and provision of financial resources for Chinese citizens studying abroad, and to international students studying in China.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra, which focuses on excellence in research and education ensures our graduates are in demand the world over.
• Applications Deadline: December 01, 2018
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD program.
• Study Subject: Key areas of study as outlined by the CSC include:
• Communication and information technology
• Life sciences and public health
• Material sciences and new materials
• Energy and environment
• Applied social sciences
• Public policy
• Other areas of study approved by CSC
• Scholarship Award: Full tuition and stipend
• Nationality: Scholarships are available to Chinese citizens.
• Number of Scholarships: 20 Scholarships are available.
• Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to Chinese citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
In order to be eligible for the ANU-CSC Scholarships, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be a citizen and permanent resident of the PRC at the time of application
• Meet all ANU admissions entry requirements including the English proficiency requirement, and receive either an unconditional offer of a place in an ANU PhD program or an offer conditional on completion of their current program
• Be selected by their ANU College or Research School for an HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship
• Be eligible to receive an Australian student visa
• Return to China at the end of the period of study
• Satisfy other selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council
Candidates are strongly encouraged to read the specific conditions that apply to this scholarship on the CSC website prior to application and to contact the CSC Scholarship Liaison Officer at their home university for clarification if required.
English Language Requirements: All applicants, whether domestic or international, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
The English Language Requirements for Students policy outlines approved methods for meeting the English requirements.
How to Apply: Application to ANU – deadline for 2019 ANU-CSC Scholarships: 1 December 2018
Prospective applicants for the ANU-CSC Scholarship must first apply for and receive an unconditional offer of admission to ANU for their preferred PhD program, or an offer conditional on completion of their current program. Please follow the instructions set out in the postgraduate research application process.
• Please select “Spring Session, 2019” or later for the expected commencement year and session. We advise applicants to choose a commencement date no earlier than spring (October and December) as it is generally not feasible for CSC scholars to organize a student visa and travel arrangements in time to commence before October.
• You must also select “CSC – ANU PhD Scholarship” in the scholarships dropdown menu of the “Finance & Scholarships” section.
Please ensure that your full and complete application, including all supporting documents, referee reports and evidence of English language proficiency, is received by ANU by the closing date. However, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their full application as early as possible.
Incomplete applications, or applications received after the closing date, may not be processed in time for consideration for the ANU-CSC Scholarship.
By 1 March 2019, ANU will notify you of the outcome of your PhD program application, provide you with a supplementary letter at the time containing additional information required for the CSC scholarship application, and inform you of your successful/unsuccessful placement on the nomination list for the ANU-CSC Scholarship.
Please note that some applicants may be required to undergo a separate selection process at their PRC home institution for CSC Scholarships. If your home institution requires you to submit your foreign university letter of offer for their selection process before 1 March 2019, you must submit your application to ANU at least 3 months before your university deadline, and you must inform the ANU Admissions Office ([email protected]) of your home university deadline once you have submitted your application.