Target Audience: PhD students, postgraduates, graduates and undergraduates
Destination country: Austria
Application closing date: 1st March, 2018
Field of study:
Humanities, Human medicine, Agricultural Science, Arts, Technical Science, Natural Science, Social Science, Health Science
Type of grant:
Semester and/or one year grant, research grant
1 -4 months
Eligible for applicants are :
- All countries except Austria
- Descendants of forced laborers
- Students from developing countries especially people who suffered from the Nazi regime
- Doctoral students: 40years
- Other students: 35years
Students that meet the above criteria can apply to pursue research
- On their dissertation
- On their diploma or master thesis
- On their bachelor thesis
The scholarship excludes Bachelor, Master or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical trainee ships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/researched academic work in Austria in the last six(6) months before taking up the grant.
Grant benefit paid:
1) Monthly scholarship rate: 1,050 EUR
2) Accommodation: For OeAD scholarship holders it is possible to book an accommodation (dorm or apartment) at the OeAD dormitory. The monthly costs are between 220 and 470 EUR (depending on the desired comfort of the fellow). The scholarship holder must pay an administration fee of EUR 18 per month to the OeAD Housing Authority for the provision of housing. The cost of the accommodation must be covered by the scholarship.
3) Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need health insurance, which is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help to take out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, your scholarship category and your state of health). The cost of the insurance must be covered by the scholarship.
4) Travel Expenses: Applicants from non-EU countries, members of the EFTA, the EUA or the OECD may be granted a travel allowance. The flat rate depends on the country of origin.
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- Completed online application form “Application for a scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” with curriculum vitae and project plan, description of the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- University degree from your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria or proof of enrollment in a degree program at a university outside Austria
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, college or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- Two letters of recommendation from university teachers. These letters of recommendation do not require a specific form; they must include the letterhead, the date and the signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be more than six months old at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision can not be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation attesting your participation in a degree program (Bachelor, Master / Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- For descendants of forced laborers: processing number or photocopy of information letter or other relevant evidence