Leiden University offers two full scholarships to new graduates from the Central European University (CEU), who wish to pursue a master’s program in governance, sustainable development and social transformation, in order to enhance their academic and vocational development.
Master of Arts Programs
International relations 1 year
Master of Science Programs
- Public Administration, duration 1 year
- Political Sciences, duration 1 year
LLM Advanced Studies Programs
- Air and Space Law, duration 1 year
- European and International Business Law, duration 1 year
- European International Human Rights Law, duration 1 year
- European Tax Law
- International Children’s Rights, duration 1 year
- International Civil and Commercial Law, duration 1 year
- International Tax Law, duration 1 year
- Law and Digital Technologies, duration 1 year
- Law & Finance
- Public International Law, duration 1 year
No nationality criteria
Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences
At the time of application you must be registered as a student at CEU.
You must obtain your degree from the CEU in the academic year before you begin your Master’s program at Leiden University.
Rules & Regulation:
Scholarship recipients must agree to the terms and conditions of the SEO-Percidium Libertatis grant.
It is not possible to combine the CEU Praesidium Libertatis with another scholarship funded by Leiden University.
The amount of the scholarship
The scholarship consists of:
Waiver of tuition fees for one academic year
A monthly salary of € 1,164 (for 10 months)
Payment of health insurance policy (maximum EUR 720)
Payment of residence permit fee (maximum EUR 350)
A studio apartment is available for scholarship recipients at the Presidium Libertatis, a historic residence in the center of Leiden.
For more information, please contact the CEU Financial Aid Coordinator:
Ms. Eldiko Turk
Telephone: +36 1 327 3000 Ext. 2175
E-mail: Email: TorokI@ceu.edu
The Praesidium Libertatis committee at Leiden University will select two scholarships from the list of candidates previously selected by the University of Central Europe. Scholarships will be announced at the end of April / early May by the Leiden University Scholarship Team.