Scholarship Details: Michigan State University USA in partnership with MasterCard Foundation is set to provide full tuition scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa anually. The university will receive $45 million in funding from the foundation to support 185 scholars throughout the nine-year program, which includes 100 four-year undergraduates and 85 master’s degree students. MSU will host the most scholars among the six U.S. partner institutions.
This program will go a long way to ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship type: Full scholarship
Scholarship Slots: Not specified
To be taken at (country): Michigan State University, USA
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Field of Study: Courses offered at the university
Type: Masters taught
Duration of Scholarship: For the full period of masters study
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Prior completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Africa with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with the area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Click HERE for more information
Note: This application is for GRADUATE applicants only.