The University of St Andrews,a British public research university in Scotland are inviting candidates for scholarship applications for the year 2018. Visiting Scholarships are an opportunity for applicants external to the University of St Andrews to research a topic in the Library’s Special Collections. The scholarships are open to all interested researchers, whether or not affiliated with a university and at whatever level. This Scholarship gives the applicant the opportunity to visit the University of St Andrews and experience first-hand the Library’s unique collections which offer research potential across an exceptionally broad array of disciplines. Scholarships can be taken at a mutually agreed time between 1 July and 31 August 2018.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: This is a visiting scholarship programme.
Scholarship slots: Unknown
Scholarship benefits: Successful candidates will receive
- A warm welcome to Special Collections and invitations to take part in its activities, e.g. seminars and workshops
- Reading Room provision
- Financial support up to a maximum of £1,500 to cover travel and accommodation, but not subsistence, during the Scholarship
- Accommodation in a University hall of residence. The cost of this will be paid directly by the University, which will also make all necessary arrangements for residency.
- Sponsored email account
- Scholarships will last for a period of between two and eight weeks.
Scholarship country: The UK
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an undergraduate degree with first class honors from a UK university or an equivalent international qualification; and a Masters degree in a field of study relevant to their proposed doctoral research.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application process: The complete application form should include:
- Personal details
- Details of the intended project to include: the title of the project, proposed start and end date, vision, methodology and intended for outputs (no more than 2 pages of A4).
- An outline of the sources to be consulted in line with essential criteria above
- An up to date CV
- An up to date list of relevant publications
- One reference in support of the application
All application must be emailed to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 12, 2018.
Click HERE for more information