The Singapore Management University is welcoming for Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (OPF) to study at an overseas university for one year. Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The OPF aims to provide doctoral candidates who are about to complete or have recently completed their studies an opportunity to engage in advanced training and/or research at an overseas university for one year.
A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching. Established in 2000, SMU’s mission is to generate leading-edge research with global impact and produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy.
- Applications Deadline: Applications may be submitted throughout the year but candidates are advised to submit them at least nine months prior to the intended commencement date of the post-doctoral training.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The following fields of study will be supported for OPF training:
– Operations Management
– Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources
– Information Systems
– Political Science
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship provides
- Monthly stipend
- Overseas maintenance allowance
- Return economy airfare
- Conference and fieldwork grants
- Overseas medical insurance
Fellows will also each be assigned a SMU faculty mentor throughout their post-doctoral training and have opportunities to participate in faculty development programmes.
The fellowship is tenable for one year. On an exception basis, a two-year programme may be supported.
- Nationality: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken at Overseas University
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore citizens
- Doctoral candidates who have recently completed or are about to complete their studies in a discipline relevant to SMU
- Excellent academic record plus a high degree of proficiency and motivation for selected research area
- Have been accepted or have applied for a post-doctoral training at a leading overseas university in a research area that is aligned with SMU’s core areas of excellence
- A keen interest in an academic career at SMU
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are required to complete and submit the Overseas Post-doctoral Fellowship Application Form to START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sg along with the following:
- Personal statement detailing the motivation for pursuing an academic career at SMU
- Research statement that includes a synopsis of applicant’s PhD research and how the applicant’s research interests are aligned with SMU’s core areas of excellence
- 2-3 research papers, of which at least one shall be related to applicant’s PhD work
- Outline of proposed post-doctoral training programme and how it would benefit the applicant and SMU
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates & academic transcripts
- Names and email addresses of three references whom you have approached to provide a referee report on applicant. Referees to send the referee reports to SMU at START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sg directly.