ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP :
The University of Sussex offers scholarships to Nigerian students who received their master’s degree in September 2018.
Scholarships worth £ 3,500 (approximately 1,300,000 Nigerian Naira) will be allocated for tuition. Nigerian students who have a first-class degree (or expect a master’s degree) that complies with a British Bachelors Honors degree will receive a prize worth £ 5,000 (approximately 1,900,000 Nigerian Naira).
Fellows may occasionally participate in support or promotional tasks for the University.
FIELDS OF THE INVESTIGATION COVERED
All full-time masters except:
- Joint Professional Examination (CPE) / Law Graduate Diploma
- business degree
- LLB graduates entry
- LLM in corruption, law and governance
- MA degree in IDS (except MA Gender)
- PGCE courses & schools direct courses
- Postgraduate diplomas
- Pre-Masters Diplomas and Degrees (at partner universities, validated by Sussex)
- Social work master’s degrees
- Social work after the master’s degree
Please make sure that you meet these minimum requirements before applying for:
- Nigerian citizen
- Self-financing students (tuition fees NOT covered by an external funding agency)
- Receipt and acceptance of an offer to study at the University of Sussex for a full-time Masters education beginning in September 2018
- Meet the conditions specified in your offer (if you have received a conditional offer of a place at the university)
- The academic entry requirements for your chosen course have been metYou currently do not receive any other Sussex-funded scholarships or scholarships
- Send a copy of your First Class degree from a recognized Nigerian institution (if you wish to apply for the Extended Award)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Before applying for the scholarship, you must apply for admission to a qualifying Masters degree program at the University – apply via the Postgraduate Application Portal: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/applying/2016 entry
Once you have received an offer from the university and are confident that you will meet the scholarship criteria, you should register your interest in the scholarship through PG Apply. Once you have received your offer, you will be notified by email as soon as the statement is received. The declaration must be submitted by 1 August 2018.
You will receive scholarship information in your CAS for your visa, so it is advisable to register your participation in the scholarship before you receive your CAS from the Admissions Office. If the scholarship information is not included in your CAS or if you would like to register for the scholarship after creating your CAS, you can contact the Admission Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
Learn more about studying in Sussex as a Nigerian student: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/international-students/information-by-country/nigeria
DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION
1st of August 2018.