The Western Sydney University has announced a partial tuition fee scholarship to outstanding international students from China.
The Western Sydney University has been named one of the world’s top 400 universities in the prestigious Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: Currently opened until filled. Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study postgraduate coursework programs in 2019.
- Study Subject: The Scholarship applies to the following postgraduate coursework programs:
- Master of Property Investment and Development
- Master of Information and Communications Technology
- Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced)
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Creative Industries
- Master of Teaching (Birth-5 Years/Birth-12 Years)
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Scholarship Award: The Scholarship is a one-off $10,000 contribution towards tuition fees.
This amount will be credited to the scholarship recipient’s fee account after the Census date of their first study session, or after the census date of their second quarter of study, if they are enrolled in a quarter based program.
The scholarship is a partial tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for students from China.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for students from China.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
- Be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- Commence a new course of study in 2019
- Have achieved a GPA 4.7/7.0 (67%) in your most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- Satisfy all admission requirements and accept your admission offer
Applicants are not eligible if you:
- Are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- Are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- Are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for your existing course of study
- Do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- Are applying to study at Sydney City campus
- Have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing
- Study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- Have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- Are enrolling in a higher degree research program eg. PhD
- Are a cross institutional applicant
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.